Make a Difference in our Industry
Your organization is invited to become a PCI stakeholder and help influence the direction of PCI Data Security Standards. As a Participating Organization, you have a right and an obligation to help reduce threats to payment security -- it’s only with your help and active engagement that we can drive security standards to higher levels of strength and adoption.
Become a PO Today
From merchants and service providers to payment device manufacturers and software developers, financial institutions and processors -- we seek involvement by all sectors of the industry.
Join Us and Make Your Voice Heard
- Participating Organizations: Participating Organizations enjoy community meetings, exclusive Council communications, such as advance review of drafts of standards and supporting materials, and regular dialogue with key stakeholders. More than 700 organizations around the world have signed up. Don't miss out – becoming a Participating Organization could become a competitive advantage for your company.
- Board of Advisors: The Council’s Board of Advisors consists of representatives from Participating Organizations. This cross-industry group ensures that all global stakeholder voices are heard in the ongoing development of PCI Security Standards.
- Strategic Class Membership: Open to multinational acceptance marks with demonstrated commitment to PCI Security Standards. Provides the opportunity to play a directive role in Council activities, including the ability to nominate PCI officers, as well as serve on the Council's Executive Committee.
- Affiliate Class Membership: Affiliate class membership is open to regional and national organizations that define standards and influence adoption by their constituents who process, store, or transmit cardholder data. This category offers the opportunity to serve on PCI working groups and play an active role in the standards development process.
- Special Interest Groups: Special Interest Groups are created to analyze specific payment card industry challenges to securing cardholder data. Each SIG is formed to address a specific industry or technological challenge, and recommend changes, clarifications or improvements to corresponding PCI standards and supporting PCI programs. SIGs are elected by the Participating Organization members and leverage the business and technical experience of Assessors and Participating Organizations in their respective areas of focus.
- Strategic Regional Members: Open to associations that represent national payment schemes at a regional level (such as LAC, Europe, MEA, and APAC). Participation is open to one association per region. Accordingly, preference in admission will be given to the most widely representative organization in any given region that wishes to apply.
Annual Community Meetings are a primary expression of the Council’s goal to create a global collaboration for payment security. Community meetings are held in global regions such as North America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia/Pacific. Each meeting attracts leaders from across the security, payments, financial institutions, retail, and technology fields. The agendas combine informative sessions led by industry specialists with networking breaks and opportunities to connect with your peers. Community Meetings are also key feedback forums for the Council -- an opportunity to let us know about your successes and challenges, ideas and suggestions regarding PCI standards and supporting programs.
One benefit of becoming a member of the PCI Security Standards Council is access to exclusive communications. All Participating Organizations receive the Council’s weekly communication, The PCI Monitor. Members also receive exclusive access to quarterly webinars.
See below for samples of communications from the Council:
PCI Monitor PCI PERSPECTIVES
Subscribe to the Monitor